Who doesn’t love a delicious, cheesy lasagna dinner? With so many different recipes for this classic Italian favorite, it can be hard to know what ingredients to use and how long the meal should take from start to finish. But did you know that you can make an amazing hamburger helper lasagna with just a few simple steps and only 30 minutes of preparation time? That’s right – this easy-to-follow recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time but still want a flavorful dinner on the table. From prepping your ingredients ahead of time to layering up all those savory flavors, let’s explore exactly how to make this delicious hamburger helper lasagna!
- 1 What Is Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
- 2 Ingredients to Make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- 3 How To Make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- 4 Tips to make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- 5 How long to Cook Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
- 6 What to serve With Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
- 7 How To Store Leftover Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
- 8 Common mistakes when making Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- 9 Variations on Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- 10 Conclusion: hamburger helper lasagna recipe
- 11 FAQs: hamburger helper lasagna
- 11.1 Does lasagna Hamburger Helper need milk?
- 11.2 What’s the Best Way to Cook Hamburger Helper?
- 11.3 How can I make boxed Hamburger Helper better?
- 11.4 How can you tell when Hamburger Helper is done?
- 11.5 What is the shelf life of Hamburger Helper?
- 11.6 How long is Hamburger Helper good for after cooked?
- 11.7 Can you freeze Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
- 11.8 Can you freeze and reheat Hamburger Helper?
- 11.9 Does Hamburger Helper spoil?
- 11.10 Does Hamburger Helper reheat well?
- 11.11 Can you leave Hamburger Helper meat out?
What Is Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
Hamburger Helper lasagna is a quick and easy version of the classic Italian dish. This hamburger helper version starts with pre-made hamburger helper mix, which comes in a variety of flavors. You can usually find these boxes at your local grocery store. Then, you layer the hamburger helper mix with ground beef, cheese, and cooked lasagna noodles. The hamburger helper mix adds flavor, texture, and a shortcut in cooking time that traditional lasagna recipes just don’t have.
Ingredients to Make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
To make hamburger helper lasagna, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– Ground beef
– Hamburger helper mix (any flavor)
– 1 can of tomato sauce
– 2 cups of water
– 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella work great)
– Cooked lasagna noodles (about 4-5)
– Olive oil or butter (for the pan)
How To Make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
Cook the beef
Simmering away in a large skillet, the ground beef sizzles and crackles until it transitions into golden brown perfection. There’s no need to worry about fat here when using extra lean meat – simply let its flavorful aroma fill your senses!
Incorporate onion, garlic and seasoning
Get your skillet sizzling with freshly chopped onion and garlic then add a pinch of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to bring out the juicy flavors. Sauté until onions are softly translucent – it’ll only take 3 minutes!
Add liquids and pasta
Introduce your pasta to marinara sauce and chicken broth for a delicious marriage of flavor. Boil the combination until it’s ready, then reduce heat and simmer – allowing 15 minutes or so while all the ingredients become acquainted in this wonderful union. Once done, most of the liquid will have been absorbed by those hearty noodles; voila!
Finish the dish
With a few stirs of the spoon, you can watch as the cheese transforms into a creamy delight that will be ready in just moments.
Tips to make Hamburger Helper Lasagna
– Be sure to cook the hamburger helper mix according to package instructions.
– If you don’t have hamburger helper on hand, use some of your favorite Italian seasonings instead.
– Precooking lasagna noodles before layering them with ingredients will help speed up dinner prep time.
– If you prefer a cheesy top layer, add some shredded cheese to the hamburger helper lasagna before baking.
– If you’re short on time, opt for pre-shredded cheese instead of grating it fresh.
How long to Cook Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
Hamburger helper lasagna can be cooked in about 30 minutes – perfect for a mid-week dinner. Preheat your oven to 375°F and bake it for 25-30 minutes until the hamburger helper mix is hot and bubbly. Let it cool slightly before serving.
What to serve With Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
Hamburger helper lasagna is so flavorful on its own that you really don’t need to serve it with anything else. However, if you want something extra, consider adding a side of fresh vegetables or a green salad. For an even heartier meal, stir in some cooked sausage or diced tomatoes before baking for additional flavor and texture.
No matter how you serve it, hamburger helper lasagna is sure to be a hit! Enjoy this simple yet delicious dish with your family and friends.
How To Store Leftover Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
Leftover hamburger helper lasagna can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To freeze, let it cool completely before transferring to a freezer-safe container or bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply thaw overnight before reheating and serving!
Common mistakes when making Hamburger Helper Lasagna
– Not cooking hamburger helper mix according to package instructions
– Using too much or too little of the tomato sauce
– Failing to pre-cook lasagna noodles before layering
– Not using enough cheese
– Forgetting to let it cool before serving.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you can ensure that your hamburger helper lasagna is the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
Variations on Hamburger Helper Lasagna
– For a healthier version, replace hamburger with extra lean ground turkey or beef.
– Add diced vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms or spinach for added fiber and nutrition.
– Use vegan hamburger helper mix for a plant-based option.
– Top with pesto for a delicious Italian twist!
No matter which variation you choose, hamburger helper lasagna is a great way to feed your family quickly and economically.
Conclusion: hamburger helper lasagna recipe
Hamburger helper lasagna is a classic dish that can be made quickly and easily. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you’ll be able to make hamburger helper lasagna that is full of flavor and texture. Plus, with all the variations available, hamburger helper lasagna is sure to become a dinner time staple in your household!
Picked For You: how long do cooked hamburgers last in the fridge
FAQs: hamburger helper lasagna
Does lasagna Hamburger Helper need milk?
Looking for a tastier way to make your Hamburger Helper? Try replacing the milk with beef broth or water – it’ll give you the same great flavor without all that extra liquid!
What’s the Best Way to Cook Hamburger Helper?
Aromatic steam wafts through the air as a bubbling 10-inch skillet contains hot water, milk, Sauce Mix and Pasta. Stirred well to combine these ingredients together perfectly while heat increases until it reaches boiling point before reducing flame so that soup can reach its creamy peak with just 8 minutes of simmering beneath a lid–stirring occasionally for good measure!
How can I make boxed Hamburger Helper better?
Liven up your Hamburger Helper with a flavorful boost! Start by browning the beef, then jazz it up even more by adding some sautéed onions or mushrooms. Top off this scrumptious dish with shredded cheese or sour cream for an extra bit of deliciousness.
How can you tell when Hamburger Helper is done?
Get your frying pan hot and ready! Heat it up over medium-high heat for five minutes before adding a little oil or cooking spray. Once everything’s in the pan, break apart that hamburger with a spoon or spatula until every bit is cooked through to golden brown perfection – no more pink allowed!
What is the shelf life of Hamburger Helper?
Don’t let Hamburger Helper get away from you! Once sealed and stored in the right conditions, this tasty dish can be enjoyed for up to two years beyond its expiration date. Make sure that your meal is still fresh before digging in though – inspect it carefully just to be safe.
How long is Hamburger Helper good for after cooked?
To remain healthy and safe, enjoy cooked foods within four hours of preparation!
Can you freeze Hamburger Helper Lasagna?
Keep your delicious leftovers around for a while! Store them in an airtight container or bag, and put it the refrigerator so they can last up to four days. Freezing is also an option – when cooled off completely, pop them into a freezer-friendly storage vessel and you’ll be able to enjoy this yummy meal up to three months later!
Can you freeze and reheat Hamburger Helper?
Looking for a quick meal on busy days? Stock your freezer with Hamburger Helper! It can last from 3-4 months when stored in an airtight container, meaning you’ll always have a delicious dinner ready to go.
Does Hamburger Helper spoil?
Make sure to keep your product fresh! Refrigerate the item after opening and use within 6 months of its printed expiration date for maximum flavor.
Does Hamburger Helper reheat well?
Want to make your life easier? Reheat leftovers of this easy one-pot meal with a simple flick of the wrist: just pop it back in the skillet or pot and cook over medium heat until its good as new. In no time at all, you’ll have delicious hamburger helper ready for another night!
Can you leave Hamburger Helper meat out?
Want to whip up a quick, meatless meal? Swap out your burgers for Hamburger Helper and enjoy an easy dish with a delicious twist. Just make sure you don’t forget the same measurement of liquid – depending on what veggies you add in, it can affect the consistency!
Chef Angelo Landi has been in the culinary industry for over 20 years, and he has spent the last six of those developing the menu for Coal Vines. His favorite pizza on the menu is the Spicey Meatball, which is made with spicy sausage, pepperoni, and calabrese salami. When he’s not in the kitchen cooking up a storm, Chef Angelo enjoys spending time with his wife and two young children.
1 thought on “Hamburger Helper Lasagna Recipe – Easy Dinner Ideas”